Monday, February 25, 2013

Royal Selangor Pewter

Royal Selangor is a Malaysian pewter manufacturer and retailer, the largest of its type in the world. It is recognized as a Malaysian brand icon (wikipedia). A quick search from the internet, pewter is a mixture of 85%-99% of tin with several other minerals such as copper, antimony,silver and etc.

Royal Selangor was founded since year 1885 back in Malaysia and has been growing in the market since then over few family generations. I still remember during my year12 school (1995), I visited their learning center in Kuala Lumpur and learnt how pewter are actually made. The company still stand strong up today with its popularity of innovative design and fine piece of artwork on each pewter products.

From a traditional tankards, today this company offers various type of tableware and gifts and have appearance in worldwide market including Australia.  I have a chance to visit to one of it's retail outlet located at The Block Arcade, Melbourne. It has been quite some time since I last visited a Royal Selangor outlet especially when I moved to Melbourne. I'm delighted to see that they are having wide ranges of pewter made gifts. Being an Asian based background company, they even have the Chinese zodiac figurines for the Chinese New Year. I specially fancy on their teapots set which look awesome for me. Just share some of the products below which I personally found very unique.

Since Easter Day is one the way, perhaps you are thinking a special gift for your loved ones. Do drop by their outlet or browse for more products from their website (www.royalselangor.com). They have wide range of products range from teapots, christening gifts, gifts for children, drinkware, ornamental and many more!

Christening Mug - Teddy Bear's Picnic Collection

Limited Edition Miniature Figurine- Mini Tankard, Mini Jug, Mini Melon Teapot

Merry Go Round Music Box

No comments: